Chronic Fatigue Treatments in Wesley Chapel, FL
If you are a patient of chronic fatigue, you might have hormonal imbalances, immunity dysfunction, viral infections, low blood pressure, or poor nutrition. It is necessary to diagnose the cause in order to provide proper treatment. At RejuvaMed, we offer diagnosis and treatment of chronic fatigue so you can lead a healthy life. For more information, contact us today or visit us online to book an appointment. We serve patients from Wesley Chapel, FL and surrounding areas.
Table of Contents:
Though thorough research exists about chronic fatigue, a singular cause has not been identified by the medical community. It is possible to be born with a predisposition to chronic fatigue which is triggered by a variety of factors. The most common triggers for the syndrome include:
– Hormonal imbalances: Those who experience chronic fatigue often have abnormal levels of hormones in their blood. Imbalances occur in hormones produced by the pituitary, adrenal and hypothalamus glands.
– Immune dysfunction: Immune disorders or weakened immune systems are commonly observed in patients who experience chronic fatigue.
– Viral infections: Some patients develop chronic fatigue after having a viral infection such as Epstein-Barr or human herpes virus 6, though no conclusive link has been studied.
– Low blood pressure: It is common for patients with low blood pressure to experience chronic fatigue, dizziness and poor circulation.
– Poor nutrition: Chronic fatigue is very often tied to poor nutrition and deficiencies of vitamins and minerals. Maximizing nutrition and adopting a healthy lifestyle can improve your quality of life and limit the effects of chronic fatigue.
– Stress or injury: When the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis is affected by emotional or physical stress, it can trigger the onset of chronic fatigue. As the glands of the HPA axis release various different hormones, stress or injury can cause abnormal imbalances and lead to chronic fatigue syndrome.
In addition, it is crucial to note that chronic fatigue can be caused by a combination of the above factors. Furthermore, two main risk factors increase the likelihood of a chronic fatigue syndrome diagnosis:
– Sex: Women are more commonly diagnosed with chronic fatigue than men.
– Age: Chronic fatigue can onset at any age, most commonly it is reported by young to middle aged adults.
Chronic fatigue can greatly impact quality of life, long-term health and daily energy levels. Osteopathic treatment provides relief from chronic fatigue by improving cranial and lymphatic drainage as well as blood flow. As body tissues twist, contract and compress, fluid flow can be restricted and cause onset of fatigue or disease. Osteopathic treatment returns fluid flow to normal as well as restores tissue performance and health. Along with treatment from an osteopath, chronic fatigue can be alleviated by adopting a healthy and nutritionally-conscious lifestyle.
Though there is no single cause for chronic fatigue syndrome, it can often be tied to daily habits and lifestyle choices. Common factors that are linked to chronic fatigue include:
– Alcohol or drug use
– Lack of physical activity
– Excess physical activity
– Use of certain medications (e.g. cough medicines or antihistamines)
– Inadequate sleep
– Poor nutrition
– Poor hydration
Chronic fatigue can also indicate a compromised immune system, low blood pressure, hormonal imbalances as well as a variety of other medical conditions. Conditions associated with chronic fatigue include:
– Liver diseases
– Mental health disorders
– Low blood pressure
Living with chronic fatigue can be incredibly hard, as physical symptoms such as extreme tiredness can highly impair daily activities. Chronic fatigue symptoms can also have a detrimental effect on your mental health and self-esteem. It is important to seek support and medical assistance if chronic fatigue is impacting your quality of life, mental wellbeing or ability to carry out daily tasks. If your fatigue is unexplained and lasts for prolonged periods of time as well as affects your school or work, it is recommended to see a specialist. It is important to diagnose and treat underlying conditions, infections or imbalances that may be causing the chronic fatigue. If you experience low-grade fever, loss of appetite or shortness of breath along with chronic fatigue, it is likely associated with an infection, so it is advised to see a doctor or specialist as soon as possible to avoid worsening of symptoms.
Dr. Andronico and his team are here to provide you with top-notch support, service and treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome. We serve patients from Wesley Chapel FL, Land o Lakes FL, Lutz FL, New Tampa FL, Tampa Palms FL, Zephyrhills FL, San Antonio FL, Dade City FL, Tampa FL and surrounding areas.